An abridged version of Automatic Pass (school) terms can be found on the student's progress card.
1. Individual lessons and or blocks of five or ten hours are payable in FULL on or before the first lesson.
2. Intensive driving courses can be booked with a deposit of £150.00. The balance will then be due on the first driving lesson. (Test date's will not be booked or issued until after receipt of deposit, deposits are non refundable).
3. All fees' (Courses & lessons) are payable by cash, cheque or most major credit/debit cards. Once lesson fee/balance is paid there is no cancellation. Payment by credit card will unfortunately incur a 2.5% administration fee per transaction, debit cards 0.25p per transaction (07/07/12).
4. Unpaid cheques to school or instructor will incur a £30.00 administration fee.
5. To book an intensive driving course, all details including home phone number must be completed on the application form. Receipt of your deposit / payment is your full acceptance of our terms and conditions.
6a. Pre paid lesson fees are only refundable if the instructor is unable to provide the service originally booked by the pupil or the pupil has given a minimum of 48 hours notice.
6b. Deposits are non-refundable.
6c. Intensive Courses: In the event of an intensive driving course or part of being cancelled, no penalty will be incurred however, if a pupil decides to cancel an intensive course once started and before the course is completed, Automatic Pass will not issue a refund.
6d. If training is cancelled by Automatic Pass, appointments will be rescheduled to mutually convenient times or, at the request of the client, a full refund of fees will be made for the outstanding training time.
7a. Lesson / course fees may at the discretion of the school be transferred to another Automatic Pass Ltd instructor.
8. Your Progress/appointment card is also your receipt and must be brought to every lesson. Lesson fees cannot be transferred if this card is not available.
9. Intensive driving courses and Block paid lessons, once booked are valid and must be completed within 6 months of purchase date. (Three months if less than ten hours).
9a. Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and are Non Refundable.
10. Tests, although paid for by candidate are not guaranteed at the end of hours booked. If the standard of driving required by the instructor for the practical test has not been reached, extra hours will need to be booked & paid for before candidate is taken for test. This does not prevent the candidate from attending the practical test in an alternative vehicle.
11. Intensive Course lessons are to be taken between the hours of 9am and 5pm unless special arrangements were made at time of booking. In exceptional circumstances lessons may be able to be arranged for evenings/weekends. (Price on application). All driving courses not paid for in full by the due date will be considered as cancelled by the applicant.
12. The school/instructor cannot be held responsible for tests/lessons cancelled either by the DVSA or for inclement weather.
13. All instructors work under a franchise contract with Automatic Pass Ltd or are associated driving instructors. They are responsible to Automatic Pass Ltd for your tuition, conduct and the condition of their car. Automatic Pass Ltd act as agents for its franchised instructors and is not responsible for money paid or booking dates and times.
14. Every endeavour will be made to make available the same instructor and car for driving lessons & driving test, but the school retains the right to change either if the situation so warrants. In certain circumstances the school/instructor has the right to terminate lessons or test should they feel it appropriate.
14a. It is the pupils responsibility to ensure that the instructor is updated with their current contact telephone number/s and pick up address for their lessons.
14b. The instructor will write their telephone number on each pupil's progress card. Please be aware that calls may not be answered whilst driving or teaching.
15. All changes made by the pupil to courses once booked, will incur an administration fee of £20.00 and will only be accepted if request is reasonable. (Changes to Test dates are dependant on availability of both test date and instructor) and in most cases must be received and acknowledged before the start date of the course. All changes must be requested in writing and signed by the person the course has been booked for. Courses and or deposits are not transferable.
15a.Pupils that appear to be under the influence of either alcohol, drugs or who are showing in any way violent or abusive behavior to our Instructors, the general public, DVSA examiners or our Staff will not be taught. If the instructor feels that the situation so warrants, lessons and or test will be terminated immediately and charged for.
16. MOCK TESTS are available by request, a two hour lesson with your instructor may need to be booked and paid for plus £18.00 for the "Mock Test".
17. Complaints must be made in the first instance to the instructor concerned. If you are not able to resolve the matter with the instructor, you may telephone the office. As a final step complaints can be put in writing to Automatic Pass , Head Office, 33 Nobel Square, Basildon Essex. SS13 1LT. or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Complaints in writing will only be considered if they are received by the school within 21 days of the incident.